How to Safely Store Fresh Beef Burgers in the Freezer
If you are not planning on eating your Fresh Beef Burgers before the Use By date, you can safely freeze them by following these instructions.
- Freeze your product as soon as possible in the sealed, original packaging it came in. The Use By date refers to refrigerated product and it should not be followed if you are planning to freeze.
- Position the package in the coldest part of the freezer which is away from the door and as close to the freezer blower as possible. Air flow is important in the freezing process to ensure a thorough freeze.
- The freezing process takes anywhere between 24 to 48 hours depending on your freezer.
- Depending on your freezer capabilities, frozen product will be good from six months to one year from the production date printed on the package.
How to Safely Thaw Frozen Burgers
Please take these precautions to safely thaw the Frozen Beef Burgers before preparing to eat them.
- When ready to thaw, place the entire package in the refrigerator and allow to thaw 24-28 hours depending on your refrigerator settings. Do not quick thaw in a water bath or at room temperature.
- After thawed, use immediately or within two days. Do not re-freeze.