Accessibility Statement for Schweid & Sons Website
Schweid & Sons is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We believe all persons should be able to access our site and are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Schweid & Sons will take the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Schweid & Sons website and our webstore:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Include people with disabilities in our design personas.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Schweid & Sons website and webstore are partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria:
- Images of text are only used for decorative purposes.
- Re-authentication, after a session expires, does not cause loss of data.
- Contrast ratios of at least 7:1
- Context-sensitive help is available
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Schweid & Sons. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on our site or webstore:
- Phone (201) 939-4747
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: 666 16th Street, Carlstadt, NJ 07072
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Schweid & Sons website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome with VoiceOver on Mac OS 11.6
- Google Chrome with NVDA on Windows 10
- Google Chrome with JAWS on Windows 10
- Safari with VoiceOver on Mac OS 11.6
Schweid & Sons website is not compatible with:
- browsers older than 3 major versions or Mobile operating systems older than 3 years
The accessibility of Schweid & Sons website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Schweid & Sons website and webstore, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Schweid & Sons:
- Comments from users: uploaded images may not have text alternatives because we cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We monitor user comments and typically repair issues within 10 business days. Please use the ‘report issue’ button if you encounter an issue.
- Archived documents: might not work with current assistive technologies because they use outdated technologies that do not support accessibility. We convert documents to new formats upon request within 3 business days. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
New Possibilities Group is currently in the process of assessing the accessibility of the Schweid & Sons website and webstore by utilizing the following approaches:
- External evaluation using automated scanning
- External evaluation using assistive technology
- External evaluation using manual assessment techniques
An evaluation report for Schweid & Sons website is currently in progress as of 10/27/2021
An evaluation statement for Schweid & Sons is currently in progress as of 10/27/2021
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the national authority, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.